niedziela, 26 maja 2019

Raicon Spring 2019


Past those two years, when I was absent from blog, there were many things I wanted to wtite about, many topics that took my intetest and I wanted to share with You. But I couldn't focus enough, to write, to deliver anything the way I wanted.I figured out, that instead of thinking too much and trying to create/ write content, that will be a 'blast' and will be 'perfect in every inch', I will just...do the best I can, to share my passion for this or that with You. That said, let's start from something that kinda unites my hobbies- a convention, oriented on japanese pop culture- Raicon.


Last time I've been on a con...well, fair amount of time ago. That is one of the reasons, that I bought one day (Saturday) ticket for Spring edition of local manga & anime convention, called Raicon. It's an event orginised twice a year, around May and November. It may not be the biggest party in the town, but it has faithful fans, who enjoy every aspect of being a part of it. From possibility to buy plenty of great things from both; officially settled stores, offering variety of gadgets and artists, who sell all sorts of items. Followed by cosplay, photo studio, maid cafe etc. 


On the day of the con, I made myself look decent, wearing my Magic Tea Party Bedtime Stories jumperskirt. I am not a big fan of the animal ears in lolita coord, but I think that they looked pretty cute here.
I took the train to Queen Streen Station (which is located at the very city centre of Glasgow) and after arriving there, within minutes, I rushed to Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, where Raicon was held. It was hard to miss the place, because of what could be seen beside entrance; quite a long line of enthusiastic people, many in costumes or really cool outfits. 
Despite crowd, accreditation went nice and smoothly (I got in within 15 minutes).

First thing I checked was a markeplace with loads of goods. Yet, just recently, I had to spend quite an amount on something else, so I just looked around a bit and took a note of some interesting shops. One of them was Grumpy Bunny (also on DEPOP) A British based shop with Kawaii brands like ACDC Rag or Axes Femme. If You like this kind of style, typical for Harajuku streets, visit and support their shop. Their prices are reasonable.  
There were many shops with comic books, artbooks, figurines and other goodies.
 plus, obviously a booth with japanese snacks (who dosn't love them!)
I ended up just drooling a bit, because of my never ending diet, hahaha. 

After I finished exploring that part of con, I went to check out Artist Aisle and board games area. 

Ah, how I miss the times, when I was selling my drawings! I think that returning to that busines might be good idea? What do You think? Do I still have it in me? Hmm? We will see. Meantime I just take inspiration, looking at other amazing people.
While I wanted to see as much as possible, I wondered to a panel about steampunk style/fashion, kindly run by Glasgow Ubiquitous E. Steampunk Society Absolutely awesome and super friendly group! I am a member of their facebook group for ages (literally), just never had courage to join their meetup. I am working on that though!


As always, in middle of things, I met so many beautifuly dressed people. Starting from cosplayers. Capitan Marvel was one of my favs *_* 
 That beauty, Jennifer, dressed as character from BNHA is also a lolita fashion enthusiast, yay!
Oh, since Raicon was on 4th of May, which is international STAR WARS day, it was just apropriate to dress as characters from the saga.
This...this is...not a cosplay. Or is it? Does it really matter? This is genius! Sending You love Kim-chan and Trump-chan, may You be always kawaii-desu desu desu...
(seriously, whoever You are, You made my day!)
Now time for some seriously beautiful people. 
Very cute lolita, which Raicon was first convention ever, as far as I understood. 
Hope You enjoyed it! 
 Rockin' Takeshita-dori style outfit! 
 Beautiful and etheric elf girl.
 Emily in her stunning AP dress, which name I so not remember, because me and japanese names for dresses do NOT go in pair, sorry. Either way, You looked great, as always, my dear.
And that's just only a VERY SMALL percent of people, who generally been smashing Harajuku style in best way possible. 

Closer to lunch time, I went to the vintage game room, to get the 'I am so old, I remember Nintendo64' vibe (yes, I AM THAT OLD, lol). 

But got so hungry, that decided to grab something to eat. Went out of the building, where I saw cosplay and dance groups, which were organising their own activities (it was nice and sunny that day, so obviously You would do that).
Anyway, my plan was to go home for a moment, change chlothes and return to Raicon, to enjoy following attractions of the con, through the day. Yet I got a bit sick, so that did not happen... Double regret, because I wanted to visit Marshmallow Maid Cafe and yet again I was not able to. It will happen someday, it WILL. 

Raicon (well, the part I attended), was fun, altho it's not like it is anything new. It's same old, but good old. With bunch of amazing people and positive vibes. So if anyone is interested in manga, anime, fashion, japanese pop culture in general, Raicon may be a good idea to spend the day at and enjoy company of others, like you. 


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz